Welcome!

I saw this idea for making wooden dolls on Grace Lin's Pocket Pacy blog. I decided to make my own, because it looked fun. I am calling them passing dolls because if you are given one of my dolls I would like you to take them somewhere and then pass them on to someone else for another journey. If you are willing to share the journey on this blog, please take a picture of you and the doll on your trip and send it to passingdolls@gmail.com with a description and I will post it here on my blog. Thanks!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Eve in the Garden of Gethsemane

Ancient Olive Tree in Garden of Gethsemane

This is one  of the most famous places from the bible.  It is the garden at the foot of the Mount of Olives.  It is the garden where Jesus went to pray the night before he was arrested and then sent to hang on the cross.  He told his disciples before this to remember Him when they broke bread, which is like saying when they would eat.

The trees that are in the garden today are ancient olive trees.


Look at Eve here in the trunk of an olive tree.  This is a good shot of the trunk.  It looks grey and rough.  This spot is just Eve's size.

Eve viewing the garden
I think Eve is thinking, "This is really interesting.  The trees and the dirt are very different from what I am used to."




No comments:

Post a Comment