Welcome!

I saw this idea for making wooden dolls on Grace Lin's Pocket Pacy blog. I decided to make my own, because it looked fun. I am calling them passing dolls because if you are given one of my dolls I would like you to take them somewhere and then pass them on to someone else for another journey. If you are willing to share the journey on this blog, please take a picture of you and the doll on your trip and send it to passingdolls@gmail.com with a description and I will post it here on my blog. Thanks!

Monday, December 22, 2014

Hannah at Tonto Natural Bridge

Hannah is so exited to be visiting Tonto Natural Bridge.   The Tonto Natural Bridge is 183 feet tall.  It is thought to be the biggest natural travertine (a type of limestone, that now people make tile out of) bridges in the world.  Wow!  Hannah enjoyed looking at all the cracks, crevices and caves.  In 1877 between Pine and Payson, Arizona, David Gowin ended up at the bridge while being chased by Apaches.  David hid in the caves for 3 days and 2 nights.  After 3 days David explored the newly discovered valley and later claimed the squatters rights.  Today it is a state park.


No comments:

Post a Comment