Welcome!

I saw this idea for making wooden dolls on Grace Lin's Pocket Pacy blog. I decided to make my own, because it looked fun. I am calling them passing dolls because if you are given one of my dolls I would like you to take them somewhere and then pass them on to someone else for another journey. If you are willing to share the journey on this blog, please take a picture of you and the doll on your trip and send it to passingdolls@gmail.com with a description and I will post it here on my blog. Thanks!

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Hisako visits Tsukiji




Today we headed for Tsukiji Fish Market.  We saw lots of different things, like: octopus, crab, sea snails and many different kinds of fish.  After walking around the market for a while we were hungry so we set out in search of lunch.  On the way, we found a place that sold Wagashi; sweets made out of beans into different shapes.  I chose an iris.  Finally we found a sushi place. When we got to the restaurant we waited for seats.  Then we were seated.  We ordered our food. When it came I tried some.  It was the best fish I had ever tasted.  It even melted in my mouth!






Tsukiji Market is  a very famous fish market.  The largest fish and seafood market in the world!  It is located in Chuo, Tokyo, but will soon be relocated to Toyoso in 2016.  Tsukiji has been located in Chuo for the past 8 decades.  On a normal day about  20 million dollars  of fish is traded at Tsukiji.  I am glad that I got to come here to see how my favorite food is traded on the market floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment