Welcome!

I saw this idea for making wooden dolls on Grace Lin's Pocket Pacy blog. I decided to make my own, because it looked fun. I am calling them passing dolls because if you are given one of my dolls I would like you to take them somewhere and then pass them on to someone else for another journey. If you are willing to share the journey on this blog, please take a picture of you and the doll on your trip and send it to passingdolls@gmail.com with a description and I will post it here on my blog. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon


Hi! Its me, Kara. Today I went to San Diego with some Runners Hi friends to do the Rock and Roll Marathon!  I love hanging out with them and I was also super excited to be in San Diego (I love burritos).  The marathon was super fun, but it was also a very hot one, so my friends and I had to stop for gatorade.  I love gatorade especially riptide rush (the purple one), blue cherry (pretty self explanatory but its the blue one) and lemon lime, (the one in the picture below.)

I saw a lot of things on the way including, the USS aircraft carrier museum.  Maybe I will go there someday.

After some post marathon research I learned that people from all over the world have participated in the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon, including people from Kyrgyzstan, Ethiopia and Russia.  Also the course record so far is 2 hours 8 minutes and 33 seconds; thats fast!  The fastest marathon time ever on any marathon was 2 hours 2 minutes and 57 seconds.  Does not seem too much faster than the record time for the San diego Rock and Roll marathon but still a really big difference in running.

While I was on my travels I also went to an aquarium called the Birch aquarium. It is located at the Scripps institution  of Oceanography.  Oceanography is a big word,  especially for me. I almost had to say it in two pieces to make it fit into my mouth!   .  .   .     Umm,  okay so that was kind of an exaggeration, but I had to try a few times to figure it out.  Later I learned that oceanography is basically the study of the ocean.

San Diego review *****(five stars) I loved San Diego! The burritos were even better than I expected and the Rock and Roll marathon is one I want to run again!  I would totally recommend San Diego to anyone who would listen. And I can't wait to tell all the other passing dolls about my AWESOME journey to San Diego.
This is me at the start of the Rock n' Roll Marathon San Diego
Me with some gatorade
Me at the Birch Aquarium looking out on La Jolla ( a 7 mile curve of hilly seaside community in San Diego).

No comments:

Post a Comment